- Great Backyard Bird Count, mid-month, www.birdsource.org/gbbc
- Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- February is National Bird Feeding Month
- Ruby-throated Hummingbirds reach the Gulf Coast in late February.
- Early migrant warblers, including the Northern Parula, start to arrive along the Gulf Coast.
- Have houses ready for Purple Martins that are returning.
- Be sure to have nesting boxes ready for bluebirds as they select their nesting territories this month.
- Barred Owls and Eastern Screech Owls are courting.
- As days lengthen, Tufted Titmice and cardinals begin to sing.
- Sandhill Cranes can be seen migrating north in late February.
- American Robin spring migration begins in late February.
- Flocks of Cedar Waxwings can be seen feeding on berries.
12 Chambered Purple Martin House Female and male Purple Martin (Progne subis)